Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Double Vision

We heard a teacher say the other day "the way to kill a man's vision is to give him two." There's a truckload of wisdom in that. We are experiencing that feeling here in South Africa. We came here with an idea about helping out a school out with space for classes and we are being pulled in many directions for other needs. It's not that it's wrong but what it does is "fuzzy up" the overall picture. As Americans, we tend to think we can take on many different projects and give our full attention to each but the truth is either one will get our best effort and the rest will suffer or they will all suffer. This is an area that I do pretty well at in music production, but when I get out of that place or I add other things to the music production I get into trouble. I pray that we will all learn to focus on what God gives us to do and not get caught up into areas that pull us away from our original vision. Blessings....

No comments: